Sunday 5 January 2014

Crazy Crafters January Blog Hop




Welcome to the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop, thank you for joining us and we hope you are enjoying our virtual hop so far and that you are learning new techniques or gaining inspiration along the way.

You should have just left stop number 5 on the Crazy Crafters Hop – 

Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft2 

If so, you are right on track. if not there is no need to worry you can set yourself back on track using the full blog line up at the bottom of this post to move along from blog to blog so you don't miss any of the amazing creations from all the talented ladies in the Crazy Crafters team.


We are kick starting the first blog hop of the New Year with the classic and timeless theme of Black and White. Now I realised with this theme I didn’t have any Stampin’ Up black and white patterned paper so I had to think of a way to make my card without it. This is where stamps can be your best friends.




I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the doily design from the Happy Day stamp set on Whisper white paper to create my own patterned paper.





The lovely Tamie Holt whose blog you just came from taught me the technique for the amazing roses I used on this card, they are so cute and easy to make and I just love the little extra they add to a project.






I loved making this card as it really made me think outside the  box in order to stick with the theme of the hop due to the fact I didn’t have the usual resources I rely on when making a card. My normal process is to first pick the patterned paper I want to use and build from there, it was fun to challenge myself without having any patterned paper and making my own.

Supplies: 

Inks 
Basic Black
Cardstock  
Basic Black and Whisper White
Stamps
Morning Meadow (Only Available as a hostess reward) Clear Mount - Wood Mount 
Memorable Moments Clear Mount - Wood Mount
Happy Day Clear Mount - Wood Mount
Tools 
Framelits Circles Collection , Simply Scored, Stampin' TrimmerStamp-A-Ma-Jig and Big Shot
Adhesive
Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, TombowMulti-Purpose Adhesive
Embelishments 
Jewels Basic Pearl

Thank you for your time in viewing my little contribution to the blog hop and I hope you gained some new idea's along the way.

Now it's time for me to send you on your way to stop number 7 on the Crazy Crafters Blog Hop - 


 
 

13 comments:

  1. your card is gorgeous Sarah! well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carolina :) it was so much fun to make :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this card design is just gorgeous Sarah. Come to think of it, I don't think I have created my own patterned paper either. Thanks for the inspiration, must give this a try. I love all the elements on your card and those hand torn roses really do make the card pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue and I know right I can't believe I haven't tried it sooner! And with the stamp-a-ma-jig it is so easy to line up your stamps for it I am really glad now I didn't have any suitable patterned paper on hand :) I also adore the hand torn roses that Tamie showed me I'm now addicted to making them and add them to as many projects as I can

      Delete
  3. Love how you have used the doily as your background. It's a great card Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary I'm glad you like it would love to see some of your work sometime will be checking out your blog when I I get home from work just not the same on a mobile :)

      Delete
  4. That looks terrific. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue I am so great fun Tamie shared how to make these flowers with me I love them

      Delete
  5. Wow. Stunning stunning stunning!

    ReplyDelete