Sunday 2 February 2014

Crazy Crafters February Blog Hop

Welcome to the Crazy Crafters February Blog Hop!! I am so excited that you have joined us whether your joining us for the first time or have been following since we started. This month we wanted to showcase the amazing new products from the Occasions Catalog. I'm sure you have already seen some stunning projects from the girls before me and plenty more to come.

If your on the right track you should have just come from Angela Lorenz's blog Angs Crafty Cards, if you haven't don't worry there is plenty of time to get back on track by viewing the full line up at the bottom of this blog.

I had a lot of fun with this blog and really wanted to make something a different with these amazing products. To do this I jumped onto youtube to learn something new and stumbled across a technique I just had to try. It is called a Waterfall Card and the youtube tutorial was made by Dreaming About Rubber Stamps <---Click the name to see the full tutorial 

Without further delay this is the card I created for this months blog hop! There are a few technical issues I still need to work on but I am excited to have had a play with this new technique and I hope you do too.



 I love the look of this technique and cant wait to try a few different variations of this, I just love flowers and couldn't help but use this new paper from the Occasions Catalogue teamed with one of the stamps from Peaceful Petals



I couldn't resist continuing the beautiful paper into the card to frame whatever message will one day be written here :)

The following Photo's will demonstrate the waterfall effect accomplished with this technique by simply pulling on the ribbon the image folds away to reveal a hidden message.





The thing to remember when making this sort of card is to allow a decent amount of room between your pull down card and the brads holding the sides. This was my main error with this card the position of mine are too close causing the last tab to be quite difficult to pull down. We live and learn and I will be keeping that in mind for next time. 

Supplies: 

Inks
Cardstock
Stamps
Peaceful Petals Clear Mount - Wood Mount
Chalk Talk Clear Mount - Wood Mount
Tools 
Adhesives
Embelishments
Ribbon, Eyelits

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and this blog hop I hope you enjoyed your visit and maybe even discovered a new technique. Now it's time to pass you along to the next blog in the line up Aroha Mills-Barlow at ScrapTasticMama

Have a wonderful February and I look forward to seeing you back here for the March Blog hop

Full Line Up:
1. Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie
2. Carolina Evans at Studio Evans
3. Kate Benade at Stamping with Kate
4. Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft2
5. Teena Maher at Stamping with Teena
6. Barb Conroy at The Stamping Queen
7. Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards
8. Sarah Rae Oakes at Stampin' Up! with Sarah <----You are here
9. Aroha Mills-Barlow at ScrapTasticMama
10. Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie
11. Deb Raymer at DebzHouse
12. Michelle Mills at hello day cards
13. Alex Trofimov at Pink Crafty Mama

22 comments:

  1. That is crazy clever well done Sarah I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teena cant take all the credit though found the idea and how to on youtube :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! YES I'M SHOUTING LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe thanks Tamie glad you love it! :D

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! I've never made a waterfall card either- must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petra glad I was able to inspire you to try something new! This was my reaction too when I stumbled on the youtube video just knew I had to try!

      Delete
  4. Wow! thats amazing! this is a I.Must.Learn.Card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The youtube video linked in this blog post has the detailed instructions Aroha would love to see your version of one :)

      Delete
  5. What a great card!! It is gorgeous. The watercolour Wonder DSP is gorgeous on this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie and yes I love this DSP especially with this card :) so happy with how it turned out

      Delete
  6. Oooo you have inspired me to recreate this card style - its been on my list for far too long! Beautiful creation Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay so glad I could help inspire you to try this! I loved it when I saw it and hoped I could help others love it too :)

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, didn't guess that each of the folds on the front fold back on themselves as you pull down the Tab, that is seriously neat! The florals really work on this card design, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue I love this technique and I am sure I will be playing with it some more in the future

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Isn't it just whoever thought this up originally is a genius

      Delete
  9. How very clever, never heard of a Waterfall Card before, well done Sarah, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle :D glad I could share something new with you :D

      Delete
  10. Wow, what a clever card, so effective.

    ReplyDelete