Saturday 1 February 2014

Undefined Stamp Carving


Hey everyone I hope you all had a wonderful start to 2014 I sat down the other day and started playing with a new Product from Stampin' Up!, the Undefined Stamp Carving kit and let me tell you I'm hooked!

When you first order the Undefined stamping kit you will receive4 wooden mounting blocks, a stampin' write marker, 2 carving tools, rubber, mounting foam, instructions and some templates as shown below.



At first my kit sat in my craft room for a few weeks without me touching it as I couldn't think of anything to carve and I didn't want to just carve anything just for the sake of using it. Finally I decided to make a set based on my favorite mythical creature the unicorn, I haven't really ever seen very many Unicorn stamps and decided I would love to add one to my collection.

Once I decided I took my time to plan out my stamps and draw up the designs an then the fun began! When transferring your image always make sure when your looking at the image on the rubber it is back to front to what you want stamped out.

Once you are happy begin to carve I started with the fine carving tool taking care to go all the way around my images and carving out the fine details before going in and removing the larger area's.


This is the stamp set that I carved, The words were the most challenging to do but the most important thing I learned from this experience is to take your time. walk away from the project and have a break if you feel your concentration slipping as I got the best results when my mind was fresh and focused.




I still have one square wooden block and some rubber and mounting foam left but haven't decided on the forth stamp in this set yet so for now I will stick with my unicorn, my font and my little star :) I haven't had a really good play with the finished stamps yet but I did put together this simple little card to show them working together.


I hope you enjoyed my little blog about the Undefined carving kit and hope that if I have inspired you to try your own hand carved stamp that you will share your efforts with me I would love to see everyone's creations!

Supplies:

Ink
Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Gold Metallic
Cardstock
Basic Black, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper and Sweet Sorbet from Sale-A-Bration
Stamps
Undefined
Tools 
Simply Scored, Stampin' TrimmerStamp-A-Ma-Jig, Undefined
Adhesive
Sticky Strip



8 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! What a great set you've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue I am very happy with the way my first set turned out and who doesn't like unicorns right ;)

      Delete
  2. So proud! Awesome job Sarah!! You're amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Petra and thank you for helping me back into it without your guidance I may never have really gotten back into this form of craft again and I've been so much happier since I have!

      Delete
  3. So in awe of your talent this is the best un-defined stamp ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Teena that is so sweet I don't know if I 100% agree I have seen some pretty amazing stamps but this might be the best unicorn I've seen ;)

      Delete
  4. It turned out so cute! I love how you have the unicorn on one stamp and the star on another, so he can have a star glinting on his horn and you can use the star for more decoration too, you clever cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Cassie my dear :D I'm pretty happy with how it turned and and of course the star had to be separate hehe

      Delete