Saturday 11 February 2017

Challenge Mashup with Ribbon Roses

Good evening! I hope everyone has had an fun Saturday, I have had a busy one. Started out face painting at my baby second cousins 3rd birthday, then it was off to work at Bunnings for the evening. I got home to a roast dinner waiting for me courtesy of my amazing husband, so after a fun day and with a full belly I sat down to get some crafting done.

I decided to combine two challenges I came across into one for this card, a sketch challenge from CAS(E) this sketch and a colour challenge from Color Throwdown, you can click on the challenge photo's below to check out their pages and the other entries.

     

I got some advice today from the talented Gail Davidson that I should try using some of my other artistic pursuits in my cards so I wanted to give that a go with this card while still keeping it as clean as possible for this sketch challenge. So for this card I thought back to my wedding and all the ribbon roses I made, I thought it would be fun for those roses to make a comeback in this card.


     


     

I spend hours making ribbon roses of all different sizes for my Wedding and I thought they would be an amazing way to use the Stampin' Up! ribbon in a different way. It always looks amazing added to cards as an accent bow, strip or knot but I thought it would be fun to use the ribbon as the main star and back it up with the stamps for something a little different.


I am thinking about doing a live video over on facebook sometime in the future on how to make these roses, if that would be something you would be interested in please let me know. All you need for these little guys is some ribbon, a hot glue gun and some Stampin' Up! pearls to give their centers a little bit of bling, though they can totally be left without the pearls if you prefer.


If you would be interested in seeing these roses made live, as well as other techniques in the future please leave me a comment and/or send me an email at sarahraeburnett@gmail.com with your contact information, and if there is interest I will look into setting up a Sarahrious Crafts Techniques Group where I can share this and other techniques with you live.

Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.


For now though I am off to bed as I only have 5 hours before I will be dragged out of it to go back to work :) hope you all enjoy your Sunday, happy Stamping.


No comments:

Post a Comment