Friday 10 February 2017

Dragonfly Dreams GDP073


Hey everyone! So I have a card for you tonight, this was inspired by the Global Design Project 073 Colour Challenge. Let me just say this truly was a challenge for me, these three colours while beautiful are not ones I would usually think to put together all at once, and I actually considered just skipping this challenge thinking it was too hard for me.


However I was thinking to myself tonight while I tried to think of what I wanted to create and I realized, what is the point of doing these challenges if I pick and choose which to do based on the easy ones, where is the challenge in that? Besides, the other cards already in the challenge are all amazing, so why couldn't I step outside my comfort zone and do something cool too?

So I sat myself down and went to the internet where I googled green red and yellow inspiration, I sifted through google images and I found this image that got me thinking that maybe these colours weren't so bad together after all.


I love the vibrancy of this picture and although I wish I could have really captured the intensity of these colours, they aren't the colours for this challenge, but they did help me to come up with this card.


     

     


To accomplish this card I used the oh so succulent stamp set to stamp the background using Watermelon Wonder and Daffodil delight. I then used the splatters stamp from Gorgeous Grunge along with versamark and clear embossing powered to add 'water droplets' to the background similar to the inspiration image.


For the dragonfly, I stamped the body with Emerald envy, cut it out using the thinlits and then coloured over the entire thing with Wink of Stella to give it a bit of pop and shine.

Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.

Well that's more for tonight, time to crawl into bed before a busy day tomorrow, hope you all have an amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment