Sunday 26 February 2017

Ombre Birthday Just Add Ink #348


Good morning beautiful people, I hope you all kept cool yesterday, I had a lovely relaxing day making cards while the puppies sprawled out on the floor trying to keep cool. Today's card was one I prepared yesterday, and it is based on the Just Add Ink - Just Add Ombre challenge.


I love the look of Ombre things, so when I saw this challenge I as excited to give it a go, and I decided I had to play with one of my favourite colours, purple for this card.


     

     

I wanted to keep it pretty simple and let the Ombre speak for itself, I also decided to use up some of my white card scraps for this one, hence the two sections of the background being of different sizes, though I think it works well.


I used my ink pads and sponge daubers to create the ombre background, on top of this I decided to do a simple white embossed flower from the Butterfly Basics set to add a little interest without totally overshadowing my Ombre background.


I was originally planning to have a plain white panel next to the flower however I couldn't help having a bit more a play so I grabbed out my Gorgeous Grunge set and stamping in all three colours up the blank panel having the colours progress in the opposite direction so the lightest colour was at the bottom allowing me to stamp the sentiment where it would be most legible.

Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.


I hope you all have an amazing Sunday, I'll be at work at the green box today, (aka Bunnings) pondering what I can create when I get home, am I the only one who is always obsessing over being back in my craft room? Have a great day and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment