Friday 24 February 2017

Watercolour Wings GDP075 & CI04

Good Evening! I hope you have all had an amazing week, I have been getting into exercise and my muscles are killing me, so after a busy day I was so happy to relax in my craft room and do a little creating. For today's project I decided to have a little fun and combine 2 challenges that I thought would go together beautifully. First off I drew inspiration from the Global Design Project and their Winged Creatures themed challenge. Now my automatic response was to reach for my Dragonfly Dreams set, however I decided to make myself use my more neglected Watercolour Wings set instead.


My second challenge I drew inspiration from was the Colour INKspiration challenge, they are a challenge group set up on facebook as apposed to the normal blog situations. When I saw their colour challenge for this week I knew I had to challenge myself to give it a try, firstly because it is a colour combination I would not usually think to use together and I wanted to give it a try, and secondly because I have Delightful Dijon card stock overflowing from my paper stack and I have never used it, so why not drag it out and give it a try.


Now you know the reasoning behind me trying out these challenges I think we should get onto showing you what I came up with. Throughout the process of making this card I was constantly thinking I didn't like it, that the way I was using the colours wasn't working and I was convinced it would turn out terrible.


     

     

By the time I glues it all together and started taking photo's of it I was finally beginning to like it and although it is out of my normal comfort zone I am very happy with the end results.


I decided to bling this card up a little bit with the amazing wink of stella! I am almost out of my first pen of this magical glimmery perfection and definitely need to get more! I also decided to use some pearls down the middle of my butterfly, just to add a little bit more to the card, I tossed up using rhinestones instead but I just love the look of the pearls so much and couldn't go past them.


Finally I added one of the smaller butterflies to the inside of the card just so it didn't feel neglected, I originally made a few of these smaller butterflies for the front until I realized it would look way too crowed if I was to put them on, so I decided to use them to jazz up the inside instead of just pushing them to the side and not using them.

Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.


That's all from me for today, however the morning promises a hot 40 degree day here in WA so I will be hiding out in the craft room with the air-con on all day so will hopefully have some finished pieces to share with you then.

I hope you all have an amazing weekend and happy creating

No comments:

Post a Comment