Sunday 5 March 2017

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with special guest Janneke de Jong

Welcome to another amazing Crazy Crafters Blog Hop! Today we have the absolute pleasure of hopping with the amazing Janneke de Jong! Once again our goal this hop was to select one of her amazing cards to CASE (copy and selectively edit) I had such a hard time choosing just one of her incredible cards to work from this time. However I eventually settled on the below image, I absolutely love her use of black, white and gold in this as well as her crooked placement, something I struggle with, usually even when I plan on using this placement I always end up gluing it down straight. So with today's card I wanted to challenge myself to actually use the offset placement in my card.


I hope you are enjoying the blog hop and have been to see the other projects from the talented crazy crafters and of course our special guest, if this is your first stop don't worry the links below will help you find all the other projects. Now for my card I really love Janneke's card and I used many of the elements in my card, using her black and gold scheme, offset placement and sequins to finish my card.


     

I really love how Janneke softened the back two layers by using the semi transparent paper over it, however I didn't have any unfortunately, so I took some window sheet and sponged white craft ink to the back of it. The ink was rubbing off too easily so I decided to try and heat set it a little to see if that would help, which is definitely did, and it warped the plastic at the same time. I decided I liked the effect though, it helped to add a little more texture to the card and allowed those background pieces of dsp to poke through a little more.


Finally I found some black sequins in my project lift kit I brought but haven't used yet, I am not usually one for adding sequins to my cards but I loved the effect on Janneke's card so much I had to add them in too.

I hope you have enjoyed my take on Janneke's card and hope I did it justice, but now it is time to leave my blog and venture onto the next blog in the hop. Please use the below link to follow on with the hop or to jump to a blog you might have missed.



Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.


That's it from me, I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and that your week is just as wonderful, happy crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment